Juventus must go up 2 goals while Atlético wants to manage their lead. Both teams want to move to the next round.
Juventus vs Atlético Madrid Champions League
Impressive in its national championship where it ranks largely in the lead, Juve has not so marked the spirits in the Champions League. If she still finished first in her group in front of Manchester United, Valencia and Young Boys Bern, the Old Lady had been defeated twice (against Young Boys and against ManU). Then, in their 1 / 8th finals, CR7 partners could not resist the rage of Atlético and lost to Metropolitano Stadium (2-0). Unbeaten in Serie A, the Turinese have lived some snags since the recovery, being largely dominated in the Italian Cup by Atalanta (3-0) and being held in check on their ground by Parma. But since then, the Bianconeri have won their last five league games, winning notably in Naples (1-2) and Friday at home against Udinese leaving his managers to rest (4-1).
In the first leg, the Colchoneros made an excellent operation by winning at home, taking a nice option for the return match. With four wins, one draw and one defeat, Atletico Madrid finished in 2nd place in their qualifying group, behind Borussia Dortmund on goal difference, and in front of FC Brugge and AS Monaco. In the league, the Colchoneros are 2nd in the standings with 7 points behind the Barcelona leader. Since the first leg, Atlético have won their 3 league games and remain on 4 consecutive Liga wins without taking a goal. Saturday, the Colchoneros made their special by winning on the smallest margins at home against Leganes (1-0).
The staff for Juventus vs Atlético Madrid
Just as in the first leg, the very important midfielder Kedhira (operated in the heart) will be absent. In addition, left-back Alex Sandro is suspended, while substitute Sciglio, Barzagli, Cuadrado and Douglas Costa are injured.
Absent in Madrid on February 21, Lucas Hernandez will be lost again, and his replacement to the position of left side, Filipe Luis, is not in the group either. Less used since the arrival of Morata, striker Diego Costa is out, while midfielder Thomas Partey is suspended. Godin, he is well of the trip to Turin but doubts remain about his participation.
The compositions for Juventus vs Atlético Madrid
The probable composition of Juventus (go to 20h for the official compo):
- Szczesny – Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini – Cancelo, Can, Pjanic, Matuidi, Bernardeschi – Mandzukic, Ronaldo.
- Absent: Khedira (heart problem), Alex Sandro (suspended), Barzagli, Cuadrado, De Sciglio, Douglas Costa (injured).
- Unsure: None.
The planned tactical disposition (3-5-2):
Caceres – Bonucci – Chiellini
Cancelo – Can – Pjanic – Matuidi – Bernardeschi
Mandzukic – Ronaldo
The probable composition of Atletico Madrid (appointment at 20h for the official compo):
- Oblak – Juanfran, Godin, Gimenez, Arias – Koke, Rodrigo, Saul Niguer, Lemar – Griezmann, Morata.
- Absent: Hernandez, Filipe Luis, Diego Costa (injured), Partey (suspended).
- Uncertain: Godin (touched).
The tactical provision provided (4-4-2):
Juanfran – Godin – Gimenez – Arias
Koke – Rodrigo – Saul – Lemar
Griezmann – Morata
The history of confrontations Juventus vs Atlético Madrid
The only confrontation, before the first leg (2-0), opposing these two formations took place during the group stage of C1 2014/2015. Atletico Madrid had won at home (1-0) and brought a valuable point from Turin (0-0).
The Key points of the match Juventus vs Atlético Madrid
- – Victorious in the first leg, Atletico can afford to lose with a goal of difference to qualify
- – If they score, the Colchoneros would force Juve to score 4 times. We could therefore attend a new closed match.
- – Juve have already lost this season in their stadium in the Champions League against Manchester United (1-2).
- – Atlético remain on 5 victories in a row without conceding a goal, in all competitions.
Still strong, Atletico can hold Juventus in check in Italy. Draw
Betting Tips: Under 2.5 goals